Peer Review Process
Journal of Chemical Science and Application uses a double-blind review policy, in which the identity of both authors (s)' and reviewer(s)' is kept hidden until the submitted article is published.
The research article submitted to this online journal will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 (two) reviewers. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process. The final decision on article acceptance will be made by the Editors according to the Reviewer's comments. The language used in this journal is English or Indonesian.
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality, and often the originality of articles for publication. Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or weak quality articles.
From a publisher's perspective, peer review functions as a filter for content, directing better quality articles to better quality journals and so creating journal brands.
Running articles through the process of peer review adds value to them. For this reason, publishers need to make sure that peer review is robust.
Each submitted article is evaluated on the following basis:
- The originality of its contribution to the field of scholarly publishing;
- The soundness of its theory and methodology gave the topic;
- The coherence of its analysis;
- Its ability to communicate to readers (grammar and style); and
- The writing format matched with the journal's submission guide. The normal turn-around time for screening and evaluation of manuscripts is 2 to 4 months from the date of submission. Assuming, the incoming paper is accepted by the editor will be forwarded to the section editor according to the field of approximately one week. Then the Section editor will analyze for 14 days. The section editor will send it to 2 or more reviewers with an estimated one month. The results obtained will be notified to the author one week after summarizing the reviewer's decision.