EKOPEM:Journal of Development Economics is a reviewed journal published by the Development Economics Study Program, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Timor. This statement describes the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the process of publishing an article in this journal, including authors, journal administrators, editors and reviewers. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications. Three ethical values in publications that are upheld in the code of ethics for scientific publications include:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, which is giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors;
- Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P).
The author of the Ekopem Journal Article has the following duties and responsibilities:
- The author ensures those who are included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- The author is collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- The author states the origin of the resources (including funding) either directly or indirectly.
- The author explains the limitations of the research.
- The author immediately responds to comments made by reviewers/bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- The author informs the editor when will withdraw his written work.
- The author respects if there is a request from the publisher not to publish the findings either in the form of interviews or through other media before being published by the publisher.
- The author informs the editor about (a number of) papers that are part of a phased, multi-disciplinary, and different-perspective study.
The manager of the Ekopem Journal has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review the journal's policy and submit to the authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create behavioral code guidelines for editors and review partners.
- Publish journal regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
Reviewers/Partners of the Bestari Ekopem Journal have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the written work and submit the results of the study to the editor as material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published.
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
- Review the written work that has been corrected in accordance with predetermined standards.
- Encouraging authors to make improvements to written works by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations.
- Reviewers/partners are not allowed to review written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly.
The Editor of the Ekopem Journal has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis.
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively.
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if necessary.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author.
- Actively ask opinions from authors, readers, review partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications.
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal when there are findings.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Assessing the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewers, and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Have an open mind to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions.
- Do not defend your own opinion, the author, or a third party that can lead to a non-objective decision.
- Encouraging authors to be able to make improvements to the written work that is worthy of publication.